- 4 zucchini, ends cut off, peeled and cut into spiral noodles with a spiralizer OR shred with a grater or food processor
- 1 avocado, peeled, remove the pit
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts, plus extra for garnish
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 of a lemon juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- grape tomatoes halved for garnish
- Make the zucchini “noodles” using a spiralizer, grater, or food processor with the grater attachment and set aside.
- Make the pesto in a food processor or blender by combining all the remaining ingredients until well-blended, scraping the sides as needed.
- Mix the sauce into the zucchini noodles.
- Let sit for a few hours to let the noodles absorb the sauce.
- Top with pine nuts and grape tomatoes or your favorite healthy topping.
This recipe is based off: http://www.eastewart.com/recipes-and-nutrition/raw-zucchini-noodles-with-lemony-avocado-pesto/ and the Spicy RD. And also inspired by Miss Organic, Nicci Gafen.
I made this recipe last night and my friends loved it! It’s a great healthy and flavorful dish.