Last night in my culinary class we were working with grains and legumes. The Chef mentioned she likes to use barley as a breakfast dish and today I came across this recipe from Health.com. Try something new for breakfast!
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked quick-cooking pearl barley
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted salted sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey
1. Combine 2/3 cup water and barley in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 6 minutes.
2. Stir and let stand 2 minutes.
3. Top with banana slices, sunflower seeds, and honey.