Photos and recipe are from: http://damndelicious.net/2012/10/19/quinoa-veggie-fried-rice-and-a-giveaway/
Quinoa is a wonderful substitute in this protein-packed veggie “fried rice”!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sriracha, for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over low heat. Add eggs and fry until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side, flipping only once. Let cool before dicing into small pieces.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring often, until onions have become translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, broccoli and zucchini. Cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add corn, peas, carrots and quinoa. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add ginger and soy sauce, and gently toss to combine. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and eggs.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with Sriracha, if desired.
Here’s how you make this:
We’ll start by sweating out some garlic and onion for about 5 minutes or so.
Then we’ll add in our mushrooms, broccoli and zucchini, letting them get nice and tender.
Next goes in the corn, peas, carrots and quinoa.
Once that’s heated through, we’ll stir in the ginger and soy sauce.
And finally, we’ll add in the green onions and diced eggs (for the diced eggs, you can just fry 2 beaten eggs over low heat until completely cooked through).
Go ahead and serve immediately with Sriracha – the most important ingredient of all!