This recipe is from: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2015/02/spiralized-mediterranean-beet-and-feta.html
Spiralized Mediterranean Beet and Feta Skillet Bake
- 1/2 cup halved yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup halved yellow red tomatoes
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley, plus 1 tsp for garnish
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 10 pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small beets, peeled and spiralized
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and spiralized
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 oz feta or halloumi cheese, half block cut horizontally
Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except for the cheese and parsley for garnish.
Place the cheese in the center of a large oven-safe skillet or casserole dish. Top and surround it with beet noodle mixture. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes, until the beet noodles wilt. Serve hot garnished with remaining parsley.