Recipe and image from: http://detoxdiy.com/rainbow-detox-salad-recipe
Author: Ana-Maria (DetoxDIY.com)
- 1 small broccoli head, cut in small florets
- ¼ small red cabbage head, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut in cubes
- To garnish: toasted almonds and chia seeds
- For the sauce
- 2 tbsp low fat yogurt
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juice only
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Place the sauce ingredients in a blender and pulse to obtain a smooth liquid.
- Pour the sauce over the salad and mix to combine.
- Distribute evenly onto serving plates, top with toasted almonds and chia seeds and serve.